Show reviews that mention
gastric bypass weight loss weight bypass money loss people don juravin don karl karl juravin
Filter review

I love Roca Labs and here is why.........

4.8
I was surprised to see negative comments on here so I want to share my thoughts because I think highly of Roca Labs and found them to be clearly upfront about every detail to consumers like myself regarding ordering, shipping, terms, product and suggested use policies. First, I think every company should be like this, upfront with all the information. Their website is easy to navigate and if you can't find the answer to your question you can chat with someone, a real person. I knew before I ever ordered what to expect with the formula and how it would work. I was glad when my application was approved because not everyone is. Secondly, they know the cost is high so they offer different kits, an insurance discount and 2 different payment plans. I chose the 3 payment plan, payments were always when they said and never a penny more. I didn't have to call and cancel after the third payment and it wasn't a recurring shipment (like a popular Guthy Renker skincare product I ordered once from an infomercial that took me a year to cancel!!) What other companies do you know that does this? Lastly, the product did everything their website said. I have lost a ton of weight over these past few months and I wasn't sure I would since I love to eat and always felt hungry. I don't know where I would be if it hadn't been for Roca Labs and their strong formula that kept me from having surgery to fight my obesity issues. I feel bad for Roca Labs after reading all the comments on this site. Let me be clear, I am proud to be an American and blessed to live in America. I believe in freedom of speech. I believe everyone has the right to an opinion and that this is my opinion that not everyone will agree with. I also believe there are 2 sides to every story and it is easy for people to gang up on one, in this case a company. Just this week, in the news, Chipotle has been accused of using stray dogs and cats as the meat instead of what they claim to sell. An internet story says someone from the "FDA found animal remains at their Denver Colorado processing center and now the FDA is traveling to all locations checking" to close down. (http://www.examiner.com/article/chipotle-restaurants-at-the-center-of-a-dog-meat-scandle) This is another example of a company being falsely accused and the article clearly exposed the truth. Unlike Roca Labs, Chipotle NEVER responded to the accusations. I respect Roca Labs and companies like them that will respond to negative comments, defend themselves then make changes. In 2011 Taco Bell was accused of only using 35% meat and the rest being undesirable fillers. (http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/05/01/taco_bell_seasoned_beef_explainer_why_fast_food_chains_should_add_more_filler.html). They fired back responses then completely changed their image, promoting "Chef Lorena Garcia" as their menu creator. That's right, TACO BELL found a celebrity to endorse their brand because adding new menu items and breakfast wasn't enough to be redeemed. I reviewed the Roca Labs website again, looks like they too are undergoing changes to their website and image. Despite 80,000 happy and successful users there are 50 mad ones. They have had to become hardcore and take on a "I will sue you" persona threatening a few people for bad reviews. Why you ask? Probably because they know just 1 bad review that is not 100% factual is going to affect the decision of a thousand. That does't seem fair to the company or those thousand customers that could have benefited from Roca Labs formula. Well done Roca Labs, I commend you and appreciate your honesty and passion to help the masses lose weight. Maybe your approach is too stern but what choice did you have?

Dear PissedConsumer User:

Not everyone believes you should have the right to express yourself about the companies who take your hard-earned money for their products and services. Roca Labs certainly does not.

Please read on to learn about the legal campaign Roca Labs is undertaking to punish consumers who complain about its products.

Roca Labs is doing whatever it can to identify former customers and others who have posted their comments here so it can take legal action against them to prevent them from expressing themselves and informing other consumers about their experiences. PissedConsumer is fighting the actions of Roca Labs in the courts. Our attorneys have filed papers in two different states demonstrating that the law prohibits these actions by Roca Labs. But Roca Labs is not waiting for a ruling – it is suing customers to shut down their speech and, if possible, obtain “damages” to intimidate others from speaking.

Roca Labs seems likely continue to sue customers who speak out until a judge stops them.

We hope that happens soon, but it may take months to obtain a ruling. We cannot provide legal advice or representation to users, however. Therefore, you may wish to seek legal counsel if you have concerns about a review you have posted here.

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

You should also review our takedown policy at http://www.pissedconsumer.com/static/publications/pissed-consumer-questions-and-answers-faq-2.html to inform yourself as to what measures you can take to voluntarily request the removal of your own PissedConsumer review, if you wish to do so.

Click here for important news to Roca Labs reviewers on PissedConsumer: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/static/roca-labs-fundraising.html PissedConsumer Team

It sounds way perfect... Almost like a paid advertisement for Roca Labs.

@PissedConsumer912414

I thought this review sounded very "directed" or right from the horses mouth myself.... with all the numbers, statics, & strong personal feeling about the company being bashed.... what regular consumer does that?!

So what you feel bad! Do you understand that the product doesn't work for EVERYONE!

PLUS, Roca labs didn't lose any money...and WE didn't lose any weight! What's your problem???

@PissedConsumer912319

your right it doesn't work for everyone yet that doesn't mean the product is bad.nothing works for everyone. I cant lose weight with slim fast so does that mean slim fast doesn't work and they are all liars? no it means it doesn't work for me.

View more comments (4)
Salem, West Virginia
Good quality
Roca Labs's reply to:

Don't spend your money on this product that doesn't give you a guarantee & then locks you into paying or be penalized!

Dear Sir or Madam, if you are a real customer and feel that you have not been served well enough, let us make it up to you so please login to https://rocalabs.com/SUPPORT or email us support@RocaLabs.com and mention PC++ as a code ❥. It looks like you really tried hard and something was still wrong. It happens. Let us help you achieve healthy weight. Please read the new https://rocalabs.com/support/instructions/

Writing here "anonymously" as a "customer" is something that our competitors do. Please identify so we can help you. We love helping our customers and we constantly improving. Let us make it up to you... if you are real.
ID
Cons
  • Product does not work
Damaged or defective
1.3

Have been on this Product for over a month...I eat very few calories & I workout beyond the expected requirement, I lost 4 pounds, then gained 2 back! How does that happen???

I wished I would have googled a review of the product before spending my money. I could have gotten 6 treatments of laser lipo instead for $200 dollars cheaper!!! I know that would have worked, plus, their clinic is local!

I still have the powdery mixture that will probably last for another two months. I decided to make payments on the product rather than buy it all at once which costed me $50 more than the original amount quoted.

Don't buy this product!!! Scammed in MD.

I'm not surprised you gained weight if you are working out like crazy.

you don't want to starve yourself, you want to eat a sensible amount of food.

2. if you starve yourself, your body stores fat and burns muscle (quick weight loss)

2. if you work out, you're going to build muscle. Muscle is twice as dense and twice as heavy as fat.

Use the product if it works to keep your eating in line with recommended amounts. Then before you begin, measure your waist, thighs, calves, upper arms, lower arms, wrists, ankles, hips and bust.

After a period of time (and you really should give any diet a chance to work) re-measure.

Are your clothes looser? Have you lost inches instead of pounds?

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

I have been using the formulas for months and lost almost 80 pounds. I follow the instructions and NEVER deviate from them.

I have lost weight quicker than I thought I would.

I can say I know this isn't a scam.

View more comments (2)

Roca Labs - Review in Weight Loss, Diets and Training category from Texas, United States

Is it even legal to make customers sign away their rights to not be able to say if they had a negative experience with a product? You can only post positive results? And you own all rights to any positive stories? I understand needing positive feedback to use as a sales tactic, but you would sue me if I have a negative experience and share that? The bit about no returns also should raise eyebrows. If the product truly works it should be able to hold its own... Are you gonna sue me? I'm not even a customer. I went looking for more info after I read your terms of service.

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

I guess I see where Roca Labs is coming from. I guess they feel that if 5 people out of 500 would leave a bad review then it would make the next 5000 people inquiring about the product not want to consider it.

Referrals can be a powerful thing, it would be ashamed that what doesn't work for so few could affect the opinion of so many. I sing their praises because I have lost a ton of weight I couldn't lose before.

Every 10 pounds felt like 100. I am glad I didn't' read reviews before ordering!

Texas, United States

Roca Labs Work Experience Review from Bellevue, Washington

Since we do not have an employee in Bellevue, Washington this will be just another misuse of this consumer review platform.

Real people with real issues do not hide and should stand behind their claims and be ready and willing to defend it even in court.
ID

I am speaking from my personal experience......Sound familiar to anyone??????

I would like to say honestly it isn't the product from Roca Labs. It is the way it is operated and its manner of representation..... They ask people/employee/IC to lie about results by adding more weight lost than the true number. They ask employees/IC's to make fake profiles and post positive comments to have bad ones move down list on any/all social networking sites.

They dont offer support for users unless you spend almost 1,000.00 They filter calls and send existing customers emails. As I stated its not the product, it can be effective for most.

The issue is that DonJ, (the director of Roca Labs,so it says.....again they lie and deceive) is a MONSTER, and will not pay independent contractors for supposedly "lost sales" or "legal fees" that had in fact been caused by the choices made to boost traffic and sales on their website.....

He claims I personally caused a lawsuit by taking a message from an attorney through live chat. The lawsuit was in fact, already filed 6 days beforehand......he is allowing images and fake stories of/from stars promoting and/or using Roca Labs' product on their website to be used.

So anyone offered a job DO NOT TAKE IT. They prey on people either in need of losing weight or someone who needs to support their family, then he finds some way to not pay wages earned. He refuses to pay the over 1,000.00 for my wages earned .......... HE IS A CROOK AND HE SCAMMED ME PERSONALLY.

Ouch.

Roca Labs's reply to:

Product does not work like gastric bypass, I should know I have had a gastric bypass

No idea who you are and why you would hide as "anonymous" claims.

Real customers that really want to achieve HEALTHY WEIGHT tell us who they are so we can help them.

Roca Labs LOVES to help their customers.

We have many that claim that they had little SUCCESS and once we helped them, they had GREAT SUCCESS with Roca Labs. Let us help you too. Roca Labs REALLY WORKS.

Look at these: https://www.youtube.com/user/RocaLabs/videos they are REAL ROCA LABS REVIEWS.
ID
Pros
  • Website
Cons
  • Product itself
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
2.3

I gained weight while using the product. I am normally a careful person and should have researched more before spending over NZ$1000 for this product.

Desperation and hopefulness to loose 10kg before a big event (I'm looking for 20kgs to loose to reach my goal weight). I did not eat more, ate only within the suggested time period, drank loads of water, exercised but did not see results.

Ten years ago I had a gastric bypass, due to slipping into bad habits I gained some of the weight back. I think it gives a false impression that this product works the same. Not even close! Before you can eat too much your stomach tells your brain that you are full. This product merely makes you uncomfortable.

I am very disappointed. What a waste of time and money. I will be back on my previous plan of moderation without the safety net I was hoping for.

Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect Review from Bailey, Mississippi

Roca Labs appreciates true and honest comments. We have IMPROVED tremendesly in the last few months including new TERMS which you can read here: https://rocalabs.com/about/terms/ and pricing.

We want to correct the perception you hold about us by showing you that Roca Labs is here to help people. We would ask you to watch this video:https://youtu.be/XdfFwf8mBDY and see how much GOOD Roca Labs brings to the world by helping people achieve healthy weight WITHOUT surgery.

Roca Labs LOVES its customers and if we did not do enough for them so far, we will now. Please also watch how Roca Labs became a life saver for Marilon: https://youtu.be/50FyZFgL_y0 and maybe you want to read this: https://onechristiandad.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/god-hates-defamation-slander-malice-what-about-you/ Because of competitors like: http://roca-labs.pissedconsumer.com/sue-me-20151001708859.html you took a wrong perception about Roca Labs.

With a lot of SUCCESS videos that you may view here: https://www.youtube.com/user/RocaLabs/videos and ♫ GREAT POSITIVE REVIEWS: https://rocalabs.com/roca-labs-reviews/ we simply have to LOVE our customers and help them by providing better support.
ID

I was going to purchase this product after reading Dancing With The Stars review. After reading this site..I will NOT he ordering from them! Are they even FDA APPROVED?????

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

Public Record; Ross B. Finesmith, M.D.

New York State Board for Professional Medical Conduct 433 River Street Suite 303 Troy, New York 12180-**** (518)402-**** August 1, 2006 RE: License No. 193236 Dear Dr Finesmith: Enclosed is a copy of your order not to practice medicine effective August 8, 2006. Sincerely, Ansel R. Marks, M.D., J.D. Exceutive Secretary Board for Professional Medical Conduct cc: Paul B. Brickfield, Esq. Brickfield & Donahue 70 Grand Avenue River Edge, NJ 07661 ******************************************* Quite a remarkable discovery, yet all it took was a simple "Google" of the person's name. I came here just doing some due diligence on behalf of my spouse who was seriously considering the Roca Labs product. Needless to say, these folks won't be getting any of our money! Shameful, sickening, and very, very sad! I pray for anyone who is considering this to please look this up for yourself before you make a decision. Also, I sent a pdf of the entire letter to support@***.com as credible proof of my comment. It couldn't be included in this review because of some "format" issue, but it's still easily available on Google.

I keep seeing this he abused a child okay I totally agree that's sick and wicked BUT the product???? absolutely nothing to do with the product

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

I find this complaint to be against Roca Labs erroneously. Roca Labs most likely had no idea Dr. Finesmith was a *** or perhaps he committed the act after he had done the review of their formula.

What if a WalMart employee, went out one weekend and was driving under the influence and accidentally killed someone. Would people start writing bad reviews about WalMart on here?

I find it silly and such a shame Roca Labs would get a bad rap for this. It seems like everyone is jumping on the band wagon trying to hurt them as a company. I love their formula. I used it, it saved my life. I am grateful for them.

Bottom line, I reviewed Roca Labs website again and I saw nothing mentioning the now former physician. I commend Roca Labs for taking action and removing his recommendation from their website. It seems they too do not want to be associated with such a *** Good for you Roca Labs!

@PissedConsumer904776

From W. Virgina----no wondered!

Just because you have a "positive" experience does not preclude the fact that others have NOT, to the point that Roca Labs product have made them very ill...

Do you know what ignorance is? Look in the mirror...

Wow! Are they FDA approved?

Wow! THANK YOU!

I'm glad that I read this before ordering! :/

As they say..If it's to good to be true..It probably is!

View more comments (5)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reason of review
Public Record of Ross B. Finesmith, M.D.
Full disclosure
Roca Labs's reply to:

All weight loss requires behavior change

YES YES YES. Thank you. Look at Bry who reduced 215 lbs WITHOUT surgery https://youtu.be/q-wX_ZFllDM or Darlene the senior who reduced 86 lbs and prolonged her life thanks to Roca Labs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFtILmXkmE It is an AMAZING way to achieve healthy weight as ALTERNATIVE to bariatric surgery.
Product
Roca Labs Weight Loss Program
Poor customer service

Obviously, nothing is going to work for everybody.

BUT for this or any program to succeed, you must COMPLY. I'm looking into it (hence my presence on this site), but I'm thinking if I could possibly follow the behavioral changes (eat only during time, eat half a serving, 1" between mouthfuls, only eat carrots, celery after 8pm, and EXERCISE daily, AND skip the drive thrus, the sodas, etc.), I might well be able to conquer my excess blubber without sending them money.

I really want someone to give me self-discipline. But I wonder if you can actually buy that.

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

Vialus shakes were the weight loss craze last year. I don't sell or promote the product, but speaking from experience...you can loose alot of weight drinking one for breakfast and lunch.

I did that..and had a weight watcher cheese stick, fruit etc for snack between breakfast/ & between lunch/dinner. I would eat a lean cuisine or WW meal for dinner. There are hundreds of recipes on pinterest etc.to make tasty shakes, meals and even dessert with the shake mix. I was surprised because the shake mix is actually awesome by itself(taste like cake)!

I mix it with almond milk and it's so good. I stopped buying directly from the company and find mine on ebay. I just purchased 5 bags plus box's of flavor mix for less than 100.oo!

If I remember correctly each bag is around 50.oo on the website with "membership". Just thought I would share..good luck:)

Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect Review from Houston, Texas

Looks like one of those competitors' comments made by doctors or surgeons who are concerned that Roca Labs "Gastric Bypass Effect" can help obese people achieve healthy weight WITHOUT surgery.

It is common for doctors and surgeons to be concerned that a natural regimen can be perceived as safer or more SUCCESSFUL than a surgery. Moreover, bariatric surgery does not offer Anti-Cravings solution like Roca Labs does. Read about safety on https://rocalabs.com/ and here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470583
ID

This stuff does not work at all. Instead of me losing weight I gained.I was losing weight before i started this stuff but I was trying to get a quick fix so I purchased the stuff from them and it back fired.

I now weights more than I have ever weighted. Dont buy this product it will be a waste of money

Review from Phoenix, Arizona

Does not look like a real customer.

These are REAL customers of Roca Labs and REAL ROCA LABS REVIEWS: Bry https://youtu.be/RQHZzsTyqMM and Marilon https://youtu.be/50FyZFgL_y0 and Darlene https://youtu.be/XdfFwf8mBDY and https://youtu.be/9Z2RB6h_b34 and many more here: https://rocalabs.com/roca-labs-reviews/
ID

Scam scam scam. Biggest waste of money in my entire life.

They need to very exposed for this ***. Cost me $700

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

Why didn't it work? You aren't being helpful saying what went wrong.

Upon checking the website, the kits that they offer have different prices and you can choose which kit would best fit your need. The price is indicated when you process your order. You will have to fill out the health application form which is good because you will know if you are qualified or not to use the it.

Alfonso Ribeiro Amazed by Roca Labs

Actually, Roca Labs did sign an agreement with Dancing With The Stars https://news.rocalabs.com/celebs/dancing-with-the-stars-celebrities-review-roca-labs and the stars met 5 Roca Labs real people who shared their SUCCESS stories of reducing their weight by about 100 lbs each without surgery.

These GREAT Roca Labs users simply followed the Roca Labs regimen for Gastric Bypass Effect.
5.0

This review was taken down because Alfonso Ribiero's manager and attorney informed Opinion Corp that it was never endorsed by him, and the statement that claimed so was a lie.

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

How much did he get paid for this “review”?

While there may be no such thing as bad publicity, I think Roca labs is about to be made aware of the power of the Streisand Effect. Having never heard of them previously, all I now know is that if you are a dissatisfied customer, you have not only wasted time and money, but face a lawsuit. That alone tells me to say as far away from them as possible.

Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect Review from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

And here is the TRUTH: Roca Labs LOVES their customers and constantly improves.

The real Roca Labs reviews are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z2RB6h_b34 and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoFx_SfH_1ySPSP0EdBPtQ and Bry https://youtu.be/RQHZzsTyqMM and Marilon https://youtu.be/50FyZFgL_y0 and Darlene https://youtu.be/XdfFwf8mBDY and https://youtu.be/9Z2RB6h_b34 and many more here: https://rocalabs.com/roca-labs-reviews/
ID

Roca Labs are now trying to sue anyone who leaves an honest negative review. If this product was so fabulous, the results would speak for themselves.

Instead, the product is fake, unhealthy and a scam... So why don't you guys go ahead and sue everyone who proves the fact.

Also, Roca got an "F" on the BBB.

Just checked the BBB and actually there is no rating for Roca Labs. You are certainly entitled to your opinion of a product but lying about the company seems a bit hypocritical.

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

PissedConsumer has "F" on the BBB and actually they have 3 time has many followers on FaceBook as PissedConsumer who is being sued now again and again. Actually, PissedConsumer is now longer a blackboard and is writing here their own comments and posts against the law that protects them. So...

@PissedConsumer873940

What?

@PissedConsumer873940

Found the Roca Labs shill.

View more comments (4)
Roca Labs's reply to:

Never even opened it, still won't take it back!

You can not comment on a product you have not tried. This great platform is not for "opinions" but for real users. Try Roca Labs and see for yourself. It is AMAZING and GREAT way to achieve healthy weight.

If your mother truly bought Roca Labs, have her contact support@RocaLabs.com and they would LOVE to help her become a success story. Look at Bry who reduced 215 lbs WOTHOUT surgery https://youtu.be/q-wX_ZFllDM or Darlene the senior who reduced 86 lbs and prolonged her life thanks to Roca Labs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFtILmXkmE It is an AMAZING way to achieve healthy weight as ALTERNATIVE to bariatric surgery.

We remind you: James 4:11 Do not speak against one another, brethren He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it + Proverbs 10:18 He who conceals hatred has lying lips, And he who spreads slander is a fool. "
Poor customer service
Full refund

I never even opened the product because my mom tried it, and said it was total ***, so I didn't bother, I contacted them to see if I could get a refund, as I haven't even opened the *** product, and they won't take it back, period. What a scam!

Seriously, save your *** money, this is ridiculous. Their customer support was rude, telling me that they don't reward failure, even when I told them that I don't need it because I'm losing the weight using a nutritionist, instead of using their product that doesn't even work.

I'm very upset that I bought into this ***, and lost around $750 because I was ***. Save your money!

Your lawyer may contact us via legal@***.com.

Thank you for telling people the truth before there buy

Oh and that person that's says they made you a label and put it on THE PREPAIRED BOTTLE?????? Lol roflmao.....you must be kidding here, right? These are not prescriptions....what a joke........

Most products will give u a guarantee. Obviously if ya'll are taking something with no guarantee and no refund...why bother with such an obvious fake product. Welcome to the world of scammers....

You bought a product that was prepared for you and has a personal label with your name on it and the company explained you clearly that you can not return it. Now, you are slandering their name in vein. I suggest you remove this defamation fast.

@PissedConsumer873840

First amendment is a ***, ain't it.

@PissedConsumer873840

Funny, Lovehoney.com will take back even used sex toys. Roca labs just want your money. They are a scam.

@PissedConsumer873840

Companies with solid customer service will take a refund on unopened goods, even if they're personalized, because people remember that. Even if they take a financial hit, it's worth it to avoid negative PR. Apparently this company hasn't learned how quickly bad news spreads on the internet yet.

@PissedConsumer873840

How many points do I get for finding the Roca Labs shill?

View more comments (8)

Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect Review from Calgary, Alberta

Dear Anonymous Sir or Madam,

Good for you and good that you are not 1 from the 200 that dies from this surgery, especially in Mexico. See fact http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470583

Unless you have really tried Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect, how can you really say anything?

Here are REAL Roca Labs Testimonials: https://rocalabs.com/roca-labs-reviews/ and here is Bry who reduced 215 lbs WITHOUT a surgery and without the restrictions that bariatric surgery patients have. You should try: https://rocalabs.com/weight-analysis
ID

FYI I had a gastric sleeve surgery a month ago in Mexico after 20 years of weight loss struggles. I've lost 25 lbs in the last 6 weeks.

This Roca *** should be illegal.

Do your homework (ie research) on weight loss surgery. Alberta Health care will partially reimburse me I think ($1500?) toward the cost ($6500).

Roca Labs Gastric Bypass Effect Review from Bellevue, Washington

Dear anonymous,

We take this opportunity here to correct your perception about Roca Labs by showing you that Roca Labs is here to help people. This platform was created for good purposes and so was Roca Labs.

Our regimen is cost effective as it focuses on providing great output and fabulous noticeable results which you can experience for yourself once you include Roca Labs in your daily routine. Great output depends on great effort and everything requires time, dedication and effort to make it work and be successful.

The reviews that made you change your perception about Roca Labs are somewhat those people who never tried it or competitors because REAL Roca Labs users would mention their existence with us by displaying their names.

We would ask you to watch this video: https://youtu.be/XdfFwf8mBDY and see how much GOOD Roca Labs brings to the world by helping people achieve healthy weight WITHOUT surgery.

ID

Thanks for warning me to stay away from this company!!! they was about to get 750.00 out of me i guess they figure the higher the price the more people will actually believe it works well thanks for the eye opening guys tootles :-)